Dance King Jason Gilkison Makes His Move
BY Greg Archer
January 14 2009 1:00 AM ET
And you’re just out of a relationship, is that right? Just came out of a long-term relationship that
went on for five years.
What are you looking for in mate? My idea of what I thought was ideal and what I
suddenly find myself lately to be attractive are two
different things. As a result, I am gravitating toward
a different type of person. It’s a very
low-maintenance, playful, witty, funny person. When I see
people treating others particularly well ... I find
that really attractive.
What’s the most interesting thing you have been
learning about yourself lately? I’ve always thought, as I mentioned, that
nothing is impossible. But over the last year
I’ve realized what I can accomplish if I really put
my mind to it. I think it’s further than I
thought. If I could create [Burn the Floor],
then why can’t I create a show that gets to Broadway?
I want to create the best ballroom dancing show now.
And, I’ve learned that I pushed myself a lot
further than I thought I ever could.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- The 'Undetectable' Paradox
- The Brains Behind Husbands
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Do You Hear 'Girl Men' or 'Guru Men?' 32 min 48 sec ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 7:00 AM
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 6:03 AM
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 6:00 AM
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 4:00 AM
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM