Here Come the Brides
BY Michael Fairman
February 12 2009 1:00 AM ET
Give us a sneak peak into the wedding ceremony of
Bianca and Reese. The wedding is spectacular, lovely and warm.
It’s one of those bittersweet, “Oh, my
God, when is it going to happen” moments. It’s
beautiful. They have their first dance and it’s very
GLAAD president Neil G. Giuliano released this
statement in honor of the milestone: “Bianca and
Reese’s wedding is a joyful day that
countless people -- gay and straight alike -- dream of
for themselves and the ones they love. It’s a
celebration of love, commitment, and family, and
we’re thrilled that All My
Children’s viewers will be able to
experience the joy of that day right alongside
them.” How does it make you feel to hear that? It makes me very proud. It was very important to
all of us. We pulled out all the stops on the wedding.
What about Erica Kane? Will she try to stop her
daughter’s wedding, since she has mistrusted Reese? Erica is being a supportive mom, and does not
have a problem with Reese. Once Bianca has committed
her love, Erica says, “I want you happy, and
that’s all I want.” And Erica is not privy to
anything that happened until Bianca is.
- Bruce Jenner Ends Speculation, Comes Out as Transgender Woman
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People
- WATCH: Atlanta Trans Women Beaten on Train as Bystanders Film
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times