Queen for a Day
BY Brandon Voss
February 26 2009 12:00 AM ET
Where can we see you perform?
I'm out in Los Angeles, and I'm a resident drag queen at La
Cita in downtown L.A. You'll see me gallivanting onstage there
every Monday. And usually you can find me on the corner of
Santa Monica Boulevard, wherever it's not busy. [
What can we expect from your show?
It's really out there. Sometimes I take the literal route with
a song, but other times I exaggerate it or elevate it to a more
artistic level. I recently performed "Halo" by
Beyoncé, but I found a deeper meaning and performed it
as the Virgin Mary, and I was having sex with Jesus Christ
onstage -- which is totally not something you should be
So, RuPaul vs. Tyra: Who's going down first?
Oh, my God, Tyra's going down first, because I'll be there to
help RuPaul make sure that she goes down first! [
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular 2 hours 25 min ago
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 5:38 PM