I Can See Clearly Now
BY Michael Fairman
March 23 2009 12:00 AM ET
Is there anything you would like to say that you learned or
were touched by or took away from this experience to the LGBT
fans that watched the story?
The letters I have received saying, "Thank you for caring
so much about this role. It's so good to see an amorous couple
that represents me. It's so needed." I am
thankful for that. On a personal note, nothing in life is ever
as we want it to be, and in soap land things rarely go
smoothly. We have to remember it is a soap and does take twists
and turns. Some are rides we want to go on, some are rides we
don't, but we have to go anyway. I feel honored to have
taken a stab at this, and I hope I represented the LGBT
community in a positive light. I hope I showed the truth and
the authenticity of a woman in love with another woman trying
to find her way.
Would you tackle playing a lesbian role again?
Of course I would. As an actress, I just want the opportunity
to be able to flesh out the characters I play and be involved
in story lines that I can be proud of.
Congratulations on your Daytime Emmy pre-nomination for
Outstanding Supporting Actress for your role as Ava on
Days of Our Lives
Thank you. I am so touched that my costars nominated me. I
really enjoyed my time at
-- the work I got to do and the friends I made.
In closing, what can we say to look forward to from Reese as
we start to wrap up her story, and what are her sentiments?
Reese is a woman who absolutely loves Bianca. She is not
perfect and has regrets about how she has handled certain
aspects of their relationship. But if Bianca could forgive her
and they are able to move forward, then I believe Reese will do
everything in her power to make Bianca happy. Bianca is the
mother of her children, her one true love, and hopefully they
will be together for the rest of their lives.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 28 min 17 sec ago
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 2 hours 32 min ago
- Travel Top 10 Ways to Score and Upgrade on Your Next Flight 8:27 AM
- Travel A Perfect Day in Rio 7:59 AM
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 5:30 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 4:34 AM
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 4:00 AM