I Can See Clearly Now
BY Michael Fairman
March 22 2009 11:00 PM ET
Is there anything you would like to say that you learned or
were touched by or took away from this experience to the LGBT
fans that watched the story?
The letters I have received saying, "Thank you for caring
so much about this role. It's so good to see an amorous couple
that represents me. It's so needed." I am
thankful for that. On a personal note, nothing in life is ever
as we want it to be, and in soap land things rarely go
smoothly. We have to remember it is a soap and does take twists
and turns. Some are rides we want to go on, some are rides we
don't, but we have to go anyway. I feel honored to have
taken a stab at this, and I hope I represented the LGBT
community in a positive light. I hope I showed the truth and
the authenticity of a woman in love with another woman trying
to find her way.
Would you tackle playing a lesbian role again?
Of course I would. As an actress, I just want the opportunity
to be able to flesh out the characters I play and be involved
in story lines that I can be proud of.
Congratulations on your Daytime Emmy pre-nomination for
Outstanding Supporting Actress for your role as Ava on
Days of Our Lives
Thank you. I am so touched that my costars nominated me. I
really enjoyed my time at
-- the work I got to do and the friends I made.
In closing, what can we say to look forward to from Reese as
we start to wrap up her story, and what are her sentiments?
Reese is a woman who absolutely loves Bianca. She is not
perfect and has regrets about how she has handled certain
aspects of their relationship. But if Bianca could forgive her
and they are able to move forward, then I believe Reese will do
everything in her power to make Bianca happy. Bianca is the
mother of her children, her one true love, and hopefully they
will be together for the rest of their lives.
- Morrisey's Gay Relationship Scrubbed From U.S. Edition of Autobiography
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- New York Officials Demand Olympic Sponsors Take Action
- Transgender Are Federal Contractors Allowed to Discriminate Against Trans People? 10 min 51 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS Nelson Mandela, HIV Advocate and Humanitarian, Dies at 95 29 min 25 sec ago
- Books Morrisey's Gay Relationship Scrubbed From U.S. Edition of Autobiography 46 min 7 sec ago
- World News Nelson Mandela, Humanitarian and HIV Advocate, Dies at 95 47 min 54 sec ago
- Women Toni Braxton's Dream Role Is to Play Lesbian on Orange Is the New Black 49 min 4 sec ago
- Entertainment News Sam Champion Receives Emotional Send-Off From Good Morning America 1 hour 19 min ago
- Style Model Watch: Learn How To Charm The Camera With Marc Buckner 1 hour 50 min ago