Clementine Sets the Record "Straight"
BY Michael Fairman
March 31 2009 12:00 AM ET
Get ready Genoa City!
Tomorrow, Mackenzie "Mac" Browning reappears on the canvas
in the form of former
star, Clementine Ford. Best known for her role as Molly Kroll
and as the eldest daughter of Hollywood favorite Cybill
Shepherd, Clementine's foray into daytime is one of the most
highly anticipated of the soap season.
For those who need a
refresher course on Macâ€¦ she is the ex-girlfriend of Billy
Abbott, who ran away to Darfur when it was revealed that they
were cousins (shortly after they were married). Well, new DNA
results this week involving her grandmother and Billy's mother
will cause a seismic shift in relationships... and the drama
However, in real life,
Clementine has gone through drama of another kind. A recent
interview with Diva UK Magazine, whose cover headline touted:
"Clementine Ford Comes Out" left a bit of mess for the
actress to clean up. The interview intimated that she slept
with one of her
co-stars (she didn't) and put the subject of her sexuality
center stage: "I am gay," she tells Advocate.com,
"I just wanted there not to be this big emphasis on
with Clementine about her exciting new adventure on the number
one rated soap,
The Young and the Restless
, and to clear up any rumors or misrepresentations that her
LGBT fans might want to know, and to tease us with what to
expect in her new role!
Advocate.com: Congratulations on your new role. You are stepping into a
role that is a recast on the top rated soap. What are your
feelings about it and your experience, so far, doing
I am a lucky bitch! It's so nerve-wracking. It's like I felt on
The L Word
when I went into that core group who has been together forever.
I was surprised because you hear horror stories about going in,
and the intimidation of the group. I thought, "Well, this
will never happen again," and then I get this job. I am
nervous, but my friend,
s Greg Rikaart (Kevin), told me wonderful things about everyone
on the show. And sure enough, everybody is great.
Being a sudser rookie, did your pal Greg Rikaart give you
any soapy advice?
He said, "Keep going! In soaps everyday is a new day." I
have gotten one piece of advice from the cast. They told me
it's going to be one of the hardest jobs I've ever had,
especially, the first little while 'til I hit my stride.
Once I hit my stride it will be fine.
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
- R&B Singer Monifah Carter Talks About Her Journey as a Lesbian in the Music Industry
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other 1 hour 44 min ago
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 2 hours 20 min ago
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs 2 hours 22 min ago
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame 2 hours 49 min ago
- Entertainment News Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced To Jail 6:20 PM
- Politicians President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech 4:59 PM
- Entertainment News Should Brazil Legalize 'Conversion' Therapy? 3:42 PM