Clementine Sets the Record "Straight"
BY Michael Fairman
March 30 2009 11:00 PM ET
Get ready Genoa City!
Tomorrow, Mackenzie "Mac" Browning reappears on the canvas
in the form of former
star, Clementine Ford. Best known for her role as Molly Kroll
and as the eldest daughter of Hollywood favorite Cybill
Shepherd, Clementine's foray into daytime is one of the most
highly anticipated of the soap season.
For those who need a
refresher course on Macâ€¦ she is the ex-girlfriend of Billy
Abbott, who ran away to Darfur when it was revealed that they
were cousins (shortly after they were married). Well, new DNA
results this week involving her grandmother and Billy's mother
will cause a seismic shift in relationships... and the drama
However, in real life,
Clementine has gone through drama of another kind. A recent
interview with Diva UK Magazine, whose cover headline touted:
"Clementine Ford Comes Out" left a bit of mess for the
actress to clean up. The interview intimated that she slept
with one of her
co-stars (she didn't) and put the subject of her sexuality
center stage: "I am gay," she tells Advocate.com,
"I just wanted there not to be this big emphasis on
with Clementine about her exciting new adventure on the number
one rated soap,
The Young and the Restless
, and to clear up any rumors or misrepresentations that her
LGBT fans might want to know, and to tease us with what to
expect in her new role!
Advocate.com: Congratulations on your new role. You are stepping into a
role that is a recast on the top rated soap. What are your
feelings about it and your experience, so far, doing
I am a lucky bitch! It's so nerve-wracking. It's like I felt on
The L Word
when I went into that core group who has been together forever.
I was surprised because you hear horror stories about going in,
and the intimidation of the group. I thought, "Well, this
will never happen again," and then I get this job. I am
nervous, but my friend,
s Greg Rikaart (Kevin), told me wonderful things about everyone
on the show. And sure enough, everybody is great.
Being a sudser rookie, did your pal Greg Rikaart give you
any soapy advice?
He said, "Keep going! In soaps everyday is a new day." I
have gotten one piece of advice from the cast. They told me
it's going to be one of the hardest jobs I've ever had,
especially, the first little while 'til I hit my stride.
Once I hit my stride it will be fine.
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married 53 min 20 sec ago
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling 1 hour 47 min ago
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' 2 hours 19 min ago
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark 2 hours 28 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker 2 hours 45 min ago
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? 2 hours 45 min ago
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards 6:03 PM