Clementine Sets the Record "Straight"
BY Michael Fairman
March 31 2009 12:00 AM ET
Mac comes back during the wedding of her ex-Billy and
I do. What prompts her return is she has heard that her
grandmother might be alive, and she wants to find out for
herself. This has been someone who is so important in her life
and she comes back, and that is the only agenda. The wedding is
a huge surprise and shock for her.
Certain family DNA tests come out at the wedding. How does
that affect Mac?
Let's just say, the DNA test affect me in a way that any 25 or
26 year old in this situation would be affected. It's Katherine
and Jill's DNA. Mac is Brock's daughter, who is Katherine's
son. The DNA results that come back, and the love of my life
who I thought was my cousin, is now married with a baby, and is
not my cousin! Now, to come back and to see that there is a
wedding, and that you are now not actually cousins, begs the
questions: "Do I run away? Do I try? Do I just try to exist
in this world where this guy is inches away, but a hundred
light years away?"
You are working with a daytime living legend, Jeanne Cooper
as Katherine. What were your initial thoughts?
I can honestly say that she is an incredible lady. God willing,
I am that on it at her age. She is so on it, funny and so warm.
I cannot say enough good things about her.
So, Mac being the humanitarian is still full of "good
will" when she is confronted with her family?
She was working in Darfur doing good deeds, which is hilarious,
because my sister in real life was working in a Palestinian
refuge camp in Jordan. So, my sister is the person I pretend to
be, and she is my little sister. Mac is a genuinely good person
and has the best of intentions.
Who have you got to work with so far on "Y&R"?
I mostly have worked with Billy Miller (Billy), Elizabeth
Hendrickson (Chloe), Jess Walton (Jill), Jeanne and Adrienne
Frantz (Amber). One thing that I loved was some of my initial
scenes with Jess and Jeanne. I could not remember the
back-story, but all I had to do was look into their eyes and
pay attention, and I knew immediately what the history was.
Do you have an idea of where your character will be heading
for the next several months?
I have heard inklings, but they are very protective of what is
going to happen. I have heard three different
But Mac will have romance?
It's a soap. Hello!
The L Word
, Molly was a great character! How was your experience
I had a great time and it changed my life. I think it's not
that much different than the soap world. There are people that
come up to you that surprise you, who watch the show and love
it. There are fans that are obsessive and love it, and then
there are people that say, "What's that?"
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis March 11 2014 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 March 11 2014 5:55 PM