Better Off Out
BY Brandon Voss
April 21 2009 12:00 AM ET
Because you worked on
with Jesse McCartney and Zac Efron, are you allowed to find
them hot now?
No! And I'm completely freaked out when people make them sex
symbols. Leave them alone! Those are still little boys to me.
Now Zac is this shirtless sex symbol? That child is 15 years
old! Because I certainly haven't gotten any older since
, so why would they have?
How do you feel toward actors who remain closeted?
It's certainly no way to win the revolution. It's the same way
I am about being a vegan: I don't go to a dinner party and tell
people what they're eating is bad, but I just try to be an
example by the way that I live my life.
Which openly gay actor do you look up to most?
When I was a little kid living in Wilkes-Barre, Penn., I
thought I was the only person who had the feelings that I had,
and I would pray and pray that they would be taken away from me
because I couldn't imagine living my life this alone. Then I
read an interview with Terry Sweeney when he started doing
Saturday Night Live
, and he talked about how he told the producers when they hired
him that he had a husband and wasn't going to pretend that he
didn't. I had a moment of release, and it made me feel less
alone. I know I should say something like, "Nathan Lane is
great," but I will always remember that Terry Sweeney said
magazine, which I read furtively because it was weird for a
little kid to read
I read on various online sources that you're actually
married to David Boreanaz's sister. Are you sure you're not a
closeted heterosexual, Jonathan?
I worked with David, and he said, "Hey, my brother-in-law's
name is Jonathan Slavin. I've never met another Jonathan
Slavin." I was like, "Oh, weird." All of a sudden, it
appeared on my IMDb page and my Wikipedia page that I was
married to David's sister. I keep telling these sites that I've
been married for almost 15 years to a guy named Michael, but
it's hard to get those things corrected. It's kind of upsetting
to me, and it doesn't thrill my husband either, to be perfectly
honest. Until I can get it changed, I guess I'll just have to
act as gay as possible so that no one thinks it's actually
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM