Better Off Out
BY Brandon Voss
April 20 2009 11:00 PM ET
Because you worked on
with Jesse McCartney and Zac Efron, are you allowed to find
them hot now?
No! And I'm completely freaked out when people make them sex
symbols. Leave them alone! Those are still little boys to me.
Now Zac is this shirtless sex symbol? That child is 15 years
old! Because I certainly haven't gotten any older since
, so why would they have?
How do you feel toward actors who remain closeted?
It's certainly no way to win the revolution. It's the same way
I am about being a vegan: I don't go to a dinner party and tell
people what they're eating is bad, but I just try to be an
example by the way that I live my life.
Which openly gay actor do you look up to most?
When I was a little kid living in Wilkes-Barre, Penn., I
thought I was the only person who had the feelings that I had,
and I would pray and pray that they would be taken away from me
because I couldn't imagine living my life this alone. Then I
read an interview with Terry Sweeney when he started doing
Saturday Night Live
, and he talked about how he told the producers when they hired
him that he had a husband and wasn't going to pretend that he
didn't. I had a moment of release, and it made me feel less
alone. I know I should say something like, "Nathan Lane is
great," but I will always remember that Terry Sweeney said
magazine, which I read furtively because it was weird for a
little kid to read
I read on various online sources that you're actually
married to David Boreanaz's sister. Are you sure you're not a
closeted heterosexual, Jonathan?
I worked with David, and he said, "Hey, my brother-in-law's
name is Jonathan Slavin. I've never met another Jonathan
Slavin." I was like, "Oh, weird." All of a sudden, it
appeared on my IMDb page and my Wikipedia page that I was
married to David's sister. I keep telling these sites that I've
been married for almost 15 years to a guy named Michael, but
it's hard to get those things corrected. It's kind of upsetting
to me, and it doesn't thrill my husband either, to be perfectly
honest. Until I can get it changed, I guess I'll just have to
act as gay as possible so that no one thinks it's actually
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 17 min 28 sec ago
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM
- Women WATCH: Santana Lopez as the Best Bad Santa Ever! December 06 2013 6:33 PM