BY Michael Fairman
April 21 2009 12:00 AM ET
Stepping in as a recast is often hard to do. Did you watch
Marcy Walker's performances as preparation for the role?
No. I did not want to emulate her. I certainly don't look like
her. I am not trying to be her. I am just taking the history of
what she had with this character and making it my own.
Hopefully, Chuck Pratt and I are on the same page about
bringing the fire back in her, and that feisty, powerful Liza
we knew and loved, with an updated version.
As Lexi Sterling on
, the audience loved to hate you! How was your time there?
I always have fond memories of
. It was such an incredible show to be on. It's pop culture
history, and one of those iconic shows. I was on it the last
two years. Then, to come on a show that is so big and popular,
and to come in as such a powerful character and be in a rivalry
with Heather Locklear (Amanda,
), was so much fun! Again, my character was written to always
be up to something. It was a blast to work on!
When you play the vixen, why do you think the audience
Everyone loves the bad girl, c'mon. It's probably their alter
ego in there that they love and they are seeing it projected
You had also tackled a different kind of role a few years
back for here! Films -- playing gay in a disaster flick.
I was in
. I played a scientist, and there was this heat wave going on
in this city, and I was trying to figure out the cause of it
before too many people died. It was a good role.
How is nighttime vs. daytime for you? Daytime is a much
tougher daily grind!
I am just getting my footing with that. Once I get the pace
down and figure out a routine for myself, I will be good. When
I get new scripts in, they should be a week ahead of the game.
Fortunately, we are all used to memorizing quickly and that is
one of our skill sets. I have been quite good at that in the
past. But on this soap, it's more than I have ever experienced,
and it has been an exciting challenge.
You've got some good-looking men on
All My Children
to work with.
I certainly do! I am really surrounded by beautiful men. They
are all vivacious and full of energy. I literally had a moment
in my dressing room going, "Are you kidding me with this?
These guys are beautiful!"
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Nintendo Will 'Fix' Bug That Allows Same-Sex Couples to Marry in Video Game
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality May 20 2013 7:00 PM
- Law Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay May 20 2013 6:48 PM
- Women Obama to Award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Sally Ride May 20 2013 6:01 PM
- Pride Turn It Way Up with Pride Beats 2013 May 20 2013 6:00 PM