Going Mental for Marisa
BY Jim Halterman
May 28 2009 12:00 AM ET
It's established in the second episode that Chloe is in a long-distance relationship with a woman. Will we meet her lover during the course of the first season? No, unfortunately. I always pushed for bringing her in. Who's it going to be? Get me a blond! [ Laughs ] It didn't happen, so I don't know if they are saving it for the second season or maybe they were scared, but I was hoping for some action.
It doesn't sound like the first season is going to be The L Word, huh? I wouldn't mind that at all! That would be so fun!
So, hypothetically, you get the choice to pick Chloe's lover in Mental and it can be any woman you want. Who would you choose? Oh, my gosh! That is such a tough question! There are just so many girls! A part of me has something for blond bombshells.
Like Pamela Anderson? No, not tacky blond bombshells. There's a girl who is up-and-coming and she's so beautiful. Her name is Michelle Pierce and she's a beautiful blond. I think there's something about Katherine Heigl that would make a good love interest. She would be a lot of fun. Maybe Scarlett Johansson. Lucy Liu also popped into my head. I love her! So confident and sexy, and she makes the Chinese language sound like music.
Chloe also has to deal with a cocky male coworker (Nicholas Gonzalez) who comes on to her even after her finds out she's gay. Did you get to tap into some of that attitude? Nicholas and I have kind of known each other off and on for almost 10 years, so for us to sort of work together, it all flows naturally; the character of Arturo is very Nicholas, which is funny. Sometimes, some days when he has his moments, they are very much the same person. I think a part of me always kind of wants to be mean to him because he is who he is. It all flowed very naturally.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 22 min 10 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 36 min 33 sec ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 57 min 3 sec ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM