Make Him a Supermodel
BY Greg Fieser
June 01 2009 11:00 PM ET
Jonathan Waud is set to
take off. As a finalist on the second season of Bravo's hit
Make Me a Supermodel,
he has made quite an impression on the judges and American men
construction worker/model turned more than a few heads when he
posed wearing only a scarf in a recent episode. This husband
and father really knows how to take care of himself, and he
really knows his audience. Born and raised in Southampton,
England, he graduated from the University of the West of
England in Bristol with a degree in French and international
business and went on to study in the south of France before
moving to Los Angeles. Once in L.A. he co-wrote a screenplay,
lost all his money, and had to work as a contractor's
assistant before starting his own handyman business.
Jonathan met a woman,
fell in love, and fathered a child. He got his start in
modeling late in life (21!) when he met a fellow countryman at
a coffee shop who introduced him to an agent, and the rest is
history. So how did this blond Brit become the heartthrob of
boys and girls everywhere, and how does he keep his bod in such
Sorry, I'm out of breath. I was doing my 100 perfect
Yes. A hundred in the morning and 100 at night. Have
Of course. Are you busy now with the show and
Yes. I'm in Boston with my family now; we're going to
the beach. Then I have to return to L.A. And of course the
finale on Wednesday.
Is it live?
No, unfortunately. Last season, they got the live viewer vote,
but we got kind of gypped and it was just judges' decisions.
The show was taped end of last year. So we've just been
watching it on TV along with everyone else.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Entertainment News James Franco Teases 50 Shades of Batman & Robin 33 min 33 sec ago
- Entertainment News Tom Daley: 'It Really Was Love at First Sight' 39 min 33 sec ago
- Sports WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers 7:04 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black 6:00 AM
- Bisexual Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM