Soapside: Advocate 's Guide to Daytime
BY Michael Fairman
June 03 2009 11:00 PM ET
Another Soaper Comes Out
In an exclusive interview with AfterElton.com , former Days of Our Lives teen heartthrob Wesley Eure (ex-Michael Horton) has officially come out. In the feature Eure also discloses his onetime relationship with Richard Chamberlain and discusses the prospect of them coming forward about their romantic pairing.
"It wasn't an option. But again, we'd go out with my friends from Days of Our Lives, we'd double-date with the girl who was playing my girlfriend and her husband, but it was always boy-girl. Richard and I had a great time together. When it was over, it was enormously sad. I was brokenhearted. I remember we broke up and I was on Days of Our Lives; I couldn't stop shaking. The good news is, my character on Days of Our Lives was in a very traumatic situation in the script, so it required being depressed, down ... crying, all that stuff. So it fortunately timed out great. God bless the makeup artists; they came in and did my makeup in the room. I was not ready to cope with it, but I moved on."
Father Knows Best?
Don't miss a very special Father's Day interview come early on Monday -- on-screen father and son and best buds Paolo Seganti (Damian) and Van Hansis (Luke) talk to The Advocate. So how do you go from sending your gay son to a deprogramming camp to reaching acceptance? And what's in store for unlucky Luciano? Find out next week. And hearts went aflutter recently when it was announced that the former Nash Brennan of One Life, Forbes March (pictured), is coming to Oakdale and As the World Turns July 14 when he debuts as Noah's film adviser ... and yes, he too is playing gay!
Help Eden Write One Bitchy Speech!
Well, at least this one is easier to figure out than how to unscramble the Bianca-Reese mess ... Daytime Confidential 's BSS (Best Soap Star) and Advocate.com favorite Eden Riegel (Bianca, All My Children ) is getting ready to accept her People's Voice Webby Award on Monday, June 8, for her breakout turn in the Web series Imaginary Bitches. Eden is only allowed five words for her acceptance speech, and so the brain trust at IB asked fans to submit entries, and the top five are currently being voted on! Hurry and cast your vote. I am sure many of you have uttered these nominated words on your climb to stardom in the big city! 1. A victory for bitches everywhere; 2. I'm sleeping with the director; 3. I never envied haiku before; 4. Drinks on me. Meet at ... ; 5. One small step for bitches.
Scene-stealer of the Week
Yesterday's episode of One Life to Live was a reminder why Erika Slezak (Viki) has a record six Daytime Emmy awards as Lead Actress, with the long-awaited, highly anticipated showdown with her daughter's multiple personalities, Bess. (And where else but in daytime can you have a mother-daughter duo who both suffer from dissociative identity disorder?) You see -- Jessica's alternate personality had run away with the baby she switched at birth. Now family and friends discovered the awful truth ... that she was indeed Starr's baby girl, and Jessica's baby was stillborn. But poor Jessica could not face the truth. Enter Viki, who finds a way to bring her daughter back from Bess to Jess, to admit that her baby died. It was gut-wrenching with a capital G. And, I have to say, kudos also to Bree Williamson (Jessica) for the final few minutes of the episode where she let it all out! Hankies! This was soaps at its best! View the final minutes here!
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- WATCH: Bill O'Reilly's 'War on Christmas' Led By Abortionists and Married Gays
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! 40 min 34 sec ago
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport 1 hour 4 min ago
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip 1 hour 26 min ago
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! 1 hour 44 min ago
- No More Bullying WATCH: It Gets Better Speaks to Russian LGBT Youth 2 hours 4 min ago
- World News LGBT Rights Are 'Essential Part' of U.S. Foreign Policy, Says Susan Rice 2 hours 22 min ago
- Marriage Equality Judge Expected to Rule on Utah Marriage Ban Early Next Year 2 hours 37 min ago