Soapside: Advocate 's Guide to Daytime
BY Michael Fairman
June 04 2009 12:00 AM ET
My Night With Days
I spent last Saturday night at the Days of Our Lives fan weekend charity event for leukemia and lymphoma and hung out with Danloe, Chloe and Dr. Daniel (That would be the beautiful Nadia Bjorlin and Shawn Christian, pictured at right). It's such an interesting commentary that most of the fans in attendance told me how much they are rooting for these on-screen adulterers to get together. One is lying and cheatin' on her hubby, and the other sleeps with or wants to sleep with, almost every woman in Salem! Also on hand were Nadia's real-life beau, B&B 's Brandon Beemer (pictured below), and her Days costars James Scott, Eric Martsolf, Shelley Hennig, and Jay Kenneth Johnson.
During the night, I had the pleasure of meeting Days ' newest heartthrob, Mark Hafka, whose appearances in the newly created role of Nathan Horton start airing June 17. Who is Nathan Horton? The son of Melissa Horton and Pete Jannings, but of course. When did they have a son? God knows! Here is Marky Mark Hafka from OhlalaMag.com, and here is my photo gallery from the event!
Catfight of the Week
Special thanks this week to David Adam Nole, who shared a recent posting on the website Time After Time/Soap World of Catfights to Remember .
David e-mailed, "This is something missing in daytime these days." Check some of these hair-tugging, mud-slinging, jaw-dropping battles between the likes of Days of Our Lives ' Marlena and Kristen, General Hospital 's Carly and Sam, The Bold and the Beautiful 's Lauren and Sheila, Y&R 's Katherine and Jill, and All My Children 's Erica and Natalie ... quite the video gallery, if you are into that sort of thing.
Adonis 2009 Semifinal Week Four
The hunks from Llanview go up against the studs from Genoa City in this last semifinal round for the Adonis 2009 competition. Voting starts today and goes through June 9. Who will you choose from One Life to Live ? Will it be John Paul Lavosier (Rex), David Fumero (Christian), or Mark Lawson (Brody)? And from The Young and the Restless, might we suggest Joshua Morrow (Nick), Daniel Goddard (Cane), or Thad Luckinbill (JT)? Make sure to cast your vote. You can cast only one vote a day, so make it count .
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 21 min 55 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Australia's Sexy New Lesbian Web Series Starting From ... Now! 1 hour 15 min ago
- Television 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever 1 hour 56 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris 2 hours 1 min ago
- Women WATCH: Houston's Lesbian Mayor Reveals 'The Gay Agenda' 2:57 PM
- Marriage Equality Oregon Republicans Support Marriage Equality 2:18 PM
- Uganda Ugandans Challenge 'Jail the Gays' Law in Court UPDATED: 2:12 PM