Keeping It Real
BY William McGuinness
June 19 2009 12:00 AM ET
You are described as an overachiever in high school. What do you see in your real life after The Real World ? I don't know. When I was younger, I did a little bit of modeling and acting, but everybody who does Real World basically wants that. That's not all I'm looking for. Because I'm an overachiever and there are opportunities now and doors open for me, I'm going to be that person chasing my dream until I get it. If it takes me longer because of the show -- I took four months off from school -- it's OK. I'll still go to school to get my degree. But I still want to pursue my dream of acting, modeling, being an entertainer.
Do you see yourself playing an activist role in your pending celebrity? I want to start becoming more of an activist. At the moment, I'm not. I've looked into the deal with Proposition 8 in California and 102 here in Arizona. Because of the show and spotlight, I hope that I'm presented an opportunity to be an activist within the LGBT community. I want to talk to kids who are having a hard time coming out, and I want to be a role model for some gay people. Young gay people are going to be able to look at me in the show and say, "Look at what he's doing. He's gay, but he's not a bad person. He's someone who everyone gets along with, and people are OK with him being gay. So it's OK for me to be gay too -- to be open and happy."
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM