Keeping It Real
BY William McGuinness
June 19 2009 12:00 AM ET
You are described as an overachiever in high school. What do you see in your real life after The Real World ? I don't know. When I was younger, I did a little bit of modeling and acting, but everybody who does Real World basically wants that. That's not all I'm looking for. Because I'm an overachiever and there are opportunities now and doors open for me, I'm going to be that person chasing my dream until I get it. If it takes me longer because of the show -- I took four months off from school -- it's OK. I'll still go to school to get my degree. But I still want to pursue my dream of acting, modeling, being an entertainer.
Do you see yourself playing an activist role in your pending celebrity? I want to start becoming more of an activist. At the moment, I'm not. I've looked into the deal with Proposition 8 in California and 102 here in Arizona. Because of the show and spotlight, I hope that I'm presented an opportunity to be an activist within the LGBT community. I want to talk to kids who are having a hard time coming out, and I want to be a role model for some gay people. Young gay people are going to be able to look at me in the show and say, "Look at what he's doing. He's gay, but he's not a bad person. He's someone who everyone gets along with, and people are OK with him being gay. So it's OK for me to be gay too -- to be open and happy."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Style WATCH: How to Dress For Summer 7 min 43 sec ago
- Fitness A Workout Especially for HIV-Positive People 40 min 20 sec ago
- Music Austra's Summer Soundtrack 53 min 49 sec ago
- Books James Franco's A California Childhood: Win Signed Copy 1 hour 17 sec ago
- Music WATCH: Cher Wigs Out on The Voice 1 hour 30 min ago
- Entertainment News CA Town Hoists And Promptly Removes Gay Pride Flag 2 hours 37 min ago
- No More Bullying Meet the 2013 Point Scholars: Living Proof It Does Get Better 6:00 AM