The Diva of French Television
BY Amy Huntington
June 29 2009 11:00 PM ET
Are you a monogamist at heart? In the beginning I was like everyone else who wanted to explore their own powers of seduction. But as I grew up I realized that the road I was traveling was vain and narcissistic. It's been a long journey, but in the end I realized that committing to one person was not only the most difficult path, but the most rewarding. So I guess I could say I'm a converted monogamist.
What do you think of the PACS [Pacte civil de solidarité] system in France, and do you think real marriage should be an option for gays? Legally, PACS is enough for me because Paul and I have the same rights as any straight couple who gets married, except for being able to adopt kids. I can't stand straight people who are anti-gay marriage, but feel almost the same about the gay pro-wedding crowd. It should exist because it is a good way to fight homophobia, but gay couples should be given the same rights without having to copy straight couples' traditions. I like what one of Delanoë's [Paris's gay mayor] cabinet members said: "Gay marriage should be authorized just so that gay men can have the opportunity to say no to a marriage proposal."
OK, now I have a very important question to ask you. Anything. I'm ready.
I heard you had coffee with Rupert Everett the other day. Is he as hot in real life as on the screen? [ Chuckling ] Well, although his mind is still very elegant and witty, he's lost that dandy touch that I loved and is going more for the short hair, tracksuit, and muscles look. I'm more into the natural look for men instead of the pumped-up gym look.
And finally, to end on an even more voyeuristic note, what two stars would you most like to watch doing a sex scene you wrote? Hmm. I guess it would be Colin Farrell and Jude Law.
Oh, my God, I would totally go see that film. [ Sipping his champagne and smiling oh, so suavely ] Who wouldn't?
- Parenting What's in My Dad Bag? 1 hour 50 min ago
- Politics Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First? 2 hours 51 min ago
- Current Issue One Issue Still Bucks The Trend for LGBT Equality 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: 'License to Discriminate' Bills Will Keep Coming 4:00 AM
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM
- Women WATCH: American Idol's Out Contestant MK Nobilette Does 'Drops of Jupiter' March 06 2014 7:18 PM