The Diva of French Television
BY Amy Huntington
June 30 2009 12:00 AM ET
Are you a monogamist at heart? In the beginning I was like everyone else who wanted to explore their own powers of seduction. But as I grew up I realized that the road I was traveling was vain and narcissistic. It's been a long journey, but in the end I realized that committing to one person was not only the most difficult path, but the most rewarding. So I guess I could say I'm a converted monogamist.
What do you think of the PACS [Pacte civil de solidarité] system in France, and do you think real marriage should be an option for gays? Legally, PACS is enough for me because Paul and I have the same rights as any straight couple who gets married, except for being able to adopt kids. I can't stand straight people who are anti-gay marriage, but feel almost the same about the gay pro-wedding crowd. It should exist because it is a good way to fight homophobia, but gay couples should be given the same rights without having to copy straight couples' traditions. I like what one of Delanoë's [Paris's gay mayor] cabinet members said: "Gay marriage should be authorized just so that gay men can have the opportunity to say no to a marriage proposal."
OK, now I have a very important question to ask you. Anything. I'm ready.
I heard you had coffee with Rupert Everett the other day. Is he as hot in real life as on the screen? [ Chuckling ] Well, although his mind is still very elegant and witty, he's lost that dandy touch that I loved and is going more for the short hair, tracksuit, and muscles look. I'm more into the natural look for men instead of the pumped-up gym look.
And finally, to end on an even more voyeuristic note, what two stars would you most like to watch doing a sex scene you wrote? Hmm. I guess it would be Colin Farrell and Jude Law.
Oh, my God, I would totally go see that film. [ Sipping his champagne and smiling oh, so suavely ] Who wouldn't?
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 1 hour 49 min ago
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 2 hours 48 min ago
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM
- Current Issue The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd 4:00 AM
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM