BY Amita Parashar
July 10 2009 12:00 AM ET
Did you go to Dinah Shore? I did, it was great! I performed. I didn't really get to stay very long, I had to leave right away to do a gig somewhere else.
What do you think of former Miss California Carrie Prejean?I just think she's disgusting. I really hate that she represented California in a twisted way, and it's really wrong. To me, I should be Miss California, or Mrs. California. I think it's gross that the right wing are using this dumb girl -- she's straight-up stupid. It's so pathetic that you would choose someone so fucking dumb to represent your dumb cause. To me, she's just the problem and also what their downfall is. It's a dumb argument -- it just shows how shallow and stupid their whole thing is. I come at it from straight-up disgust.
What are you watching now?I was super into watching reality last year, but I've been working so much I haven't really been watching anything. The only shows I've been focusing on are Austin City Limits and the Elvis Costello show.
And you're making your own foray into music?I've been writing songs with different people -- Patty Griffin, John Brion -- people that I really love and I've been friends with for a long time. These are great collaborators, I'll probably begin recording in November or December next year. My record is coming out next year; it's going to be half stuff I've done over the year. For example, "Eat Me Out," which I did in my show last year, is a big gospel salute to cunnilingus, which is so ridiculous. I guess it's comedy, I don't know. My hero is Weird Al Yankovic. I'm following in his impressively musical footsteps.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- The 'Undetectable' Paradox
- The Brains Behind Husbands
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Do You Hear 'Girl Men' or 'Guru Men?' 25 min 16 sec ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 7:00 AM
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 6:03 AM
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 6:00 AM
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 4:00 AM
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM