Third Time's the Charm
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 13 2009 12:00 AM ET
So when you stepped on the set, you and Blythe must have had a shorthand even in your characters.Totally. When they told her I was doing it they said, "She's in if you're in." I said, "Count me in." When I first signed up, I didn't know who my partner was going to be. I just shrieked when I heard it was Blythe and she shrieked when she heard it was me.
As I haven't seen the episode yet, did you work with Edie Falco?We didn't get to. We worked with Eve Best, who's just a doll. She's just a dream. And Coop -- Peter Facinelli, he's just an angel. Our relationship has to do with me bringing Blythe into the hospital. We didn't have any big love scene or anything.
Perhaps that will be in the next episode.Down the lineâ€¦ exactly.
Since you mentioned love scenes, of Kelly Preston in Citizen Ruth , Teri Hatcher in Desperate Housewives, and now Blythe -- who have been the objects of your affection --That's right. Pretty good company.
Do you have a favorite paramour? Obviously Blythe is your friendâ€¦Well, I've always said if I had to kiss a woman it would probably be Blythe. I've always idolized her as an actress too. I would watch her read takeout menus. I would watch an entire show built around her reading takeout menus. And Edie Falcoâ€¦
Speaking of outstanding acting.Oh my God, Edie. The writing is astonishing, but her performanceâ€¦ it's one of the best performances I've ever seen in any medium. She is so real and it's scary, alarming, and hilarious. She's something.
How are you with Pushing Daisies being canceled?It's too bad that a beautiful piece of creation had to go away, but then you have to look at the glass half-full... that a show like this ever got a shot to begin with is miraculous. It's a beautiful thing and I think a lot of people will treasure and cherish the memory. It was a fantastic group of people to work with.
On the subject of actresses playing lesbian, your Daisies costar Kristin Chenoweth is up to star as Dusty Springfield in a film. If Kristin's people called and asked if you'd play her lover on the big screen, would you do it?Oh my God, are you kidding? In a second! We'll just keep this thing going forever. The lesbian loop.
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 2 hours 37 min ago
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM