Soapside: Advocate 's Guide to Daytime
BY Michael Fairman
July 30 2009 12:00 AM ET
Adonis 2009 Competition Update: Goddard Out!
Well, in another shocker in the Adonis 2009 competition, Y&R 's Daniel Goddard (Cane) was given the heave-ho! And once again B&B 's Brandon Beemer (Owen) ended up in the bottom three, and so too did our Luke, ATWT's Van Hansis. Now at week 7, we are getting down to the nitty-gritty, with the question, "Which soap hunk would you like to be stranded with in an elevator?" Would it be James Scott (E.J., Days ), Jake Silbermann (Noah, ATWT ), Mark Lawson (Brody, OLTL ), Steve Burton (Jason, GH ) or Hansis or Beemer? Voting for the top six finalists starts today, July 30, and continues through August 4. Remember, only one vote per day, so make it count .
So How Is Daytime's Favorite Cross-dressing Killer Doing?
Daytime Confidential has a juicy new interview for every gender, sexual orientation, and position with former Passions star Phillip Jeanmarie, who played the evil Vincent. Here is an excerpt of this must-read:
D.C.: What did you think of all the crazy plot twists your character went through on Passion s? Vincent went from being a down-low brother to a hermaphrodite, cross-dressing rapist/serial killer who bore his own father's child!
P.J.: I was actually figuring all of that out around the same time as you guys! [ Laughs ] I just learned not to overthink it, to go with your gut. It was fun. How many actors can say they got to wear high heels? OK, so maybe a lot, but it was a lot of fun! [ Laughs ]
Scene-stealers of the Week
This goes to two guys from General Hospital who over the last two weeks (since my last column) delivered some must-see moments. First off, the remarkable young actor who is now playing the young Morgan, Aaron Refvem. In an emotional tearjerker, concerned for the welfare of his mom, Carly, and her unborn child (who lies in the hospital), the young boy breaks down. He showed amazing acting chops. I needed hankies!
Then, Daytime Emmy nominee Bradford Anderson really made fans choke back the tears when in the pivotal karaoke episodes he got up and struggled through Foreigner's "I Want to Know What Love Is" for his beloved "Maximista," played by Kirsten Storms. In the end, she fell for "the geek who can belt out a tune" and the two finally did the deed! Check out this memorable clip!
You can see more of Bradford and Adonis 2009 Hunk nominee Steve Burton in my exclusive video interviews from the 2009 GH Fan Club Weekend by clicking here .
Worst Catfight of the Week
We have to acknowledge in this week's column one of the worst daytime catfights -- sorry One Life to Live, you know I love you! When Gigi Morasco finally confronted her very own "Evilene" sister, Stacy, in the parking garage of the hospital for destroying her relationship with Rex and about the whole bag of blood issue (don't get me started), I wanted the fight to be the end all of girly fights. But what we were left with was Gigi giving one wallop to Stacy's face, and then the girls headed toward the hospital stairwell. Ah, you know what that means. Someone is going to take a fall.
Then. in an awkward moment where Gigi barely touched Stacy, the evildoer went tumbling down the stairs. All I can say is that poor stunt double earned her paycheck. and we still had Stacy to deal with when all was said and done.
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Gay Politics - Marriage Equality, Gay Rights, Anti-Discrimination
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open March 09 2014 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play March 09 2014 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' March 09 2014 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM