Hulk Hogan’s ‘Little Gay Sidekick’ Hits Vh1
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 31 2009 11:00 PM ET
an Emmy nod for work with beleaguered pop icon Michael
to introducing Liza Minelli to David Guest, Glenn Douglas
Packard consistently finds himself connected to
Hollywood’s tabloid favorites. As Brooke
Hogan’s best friend and costar on the Vh1 series
Brooke Knows Best, which debuted Sunday,
July 13, he’s done it again.
rolling, Packard, Hogan and her childhood friend Ashley
enjoy life in a fabulous Miami penthouse. On the
fringe’s, the 20-year-old aspiring pop
princess’ pro wrestler dad Hulk and mom Linda,
stars of the “celebreality” show’s
predecessor Hogan Knows Best, are in a grudge
match divorce and her brother is jailed for nearly
killing his passenger in an auto accident. Here the
entrepreneur behind video production company Tattooed
Angels, who met his famous roommate seven years ago
through deposed boy band magnate Lou Pearlman, discusses
coming out, surviving scandal and why he’d never
sleep with Brooke’s legendary father.
You’re in Michigan, coming out to your family days
before your new reality show starts?
immediate family – my mom, dad, brother and sister
– knew. They’ve always known. One aunt
also knew. Everyone else, I needed to come out to. I
have nephews and nieces that are really close to me who I
was most concerned about. My oldest nephew, who is 14,
wrote a paper calling me his “hero.” I
just wanted to make sure he has no problems with it and
things will be OK at school. To tell the truth,
everyone’s been amazing. They’ve all
been really accepting. They love me for who I am. I’m
still “Uncle Glenn.” It’s been
The confusion is understandable. So many of Liza’s
choreographers are straight.
(Laughing.) Funny thing is, there was a time in my life when
I was seeing girls and was engaged to be married.
That’s throwing people off. There was a time
when that was going on in my life. Then I moved away.
That side of myself stayed here. They never saw the other
side of Glenn Douglas Packard. I’m just
bringing those two worlds together.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Says Pat Robertson
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher 2 hours 47 min ago
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson 6:03 PM
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 4:20 PM