Hulk Hogan’s ‘Little Gay Sidekick’ Hits Vh1
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 01 2009 12:00 AM ET
You always work with huge stars who seem to implode. Just
I’ve worked with her -- but not during her scandals.
All the rest… I’m the one who introduced
David Guest to Liza Minelli. That was my doing. Oops!
Everything that was going on with Michael Jackson was during
the 30th-Anniversary Special. Now the Hogans. Lou Perlman; I
was part of that whole thing. It’s just one
thing after another. I’m like, “Can’t I
get a gig where it’s not surrounded by all
that?” I’m hoping maybe I’m that
What’s it like being around the Hogan’s
There were some
really hard times, but they always turned around and
turned out good. Brooke’s parents have been having
problems for a little while, and it’s on
national television. All these other artists and
20-somethings turn to other things, but Brooke isn’t
one of those girls. She really is a strong girl.
She’s there three-times-a-week for her brother.
She’s on the phone with her mom. She's on the phone
with her dad. She’s trying to be with her
family, be the daughter and sister she is. At the same
time, she has a life too. She’s a 20-year-old girl
who just wants to live her own life, build a career,
be around friends.
In the first episode, Hulk Hogan -- who I’d never
imagine accepting gays – seemed to embrace you.
I’ve always been like his little gay sidekick.
He’s always been very accepting and a great
man. Like he said, he’s got a lot of gay
wrestler friends in the industry. You know he’s been
in the industry a long time, so you’d be
surprised someone like has been around it.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder May 24 2013 6:27 PM