Antonio Sabato Jr.: Antonio, Party of One
BY Brandon Voss
August 14 2009 12:00 AM ET
No surprise that you often appear shirtless or in a swimsuit on the show. Is it possible you're in better shape now than you were during your underwear modeling days?
I don't know, but I do feel stronger now. I used to be in the gym all the time, but now I'm doing gymnastics every day, so I'm more flexible. My diet's certainly a lot better now than it ever was when I was younger. I feel I'm getting better as I get older.
You played Amanda Woodward's ex-husband, Jack Parezi, on Melrose Place in 1995. Now that the series is getting a reboot on the CW, would you ever revisit the role?
Well, he died — Heather Locklear killed me — but in soap operas you can certainly die and come back. So if they decided to bring me back, I would love to come back. That would be incredible.
Getting back to your Chelsea Lately interview, you got a lot of flak in the LGBT blogosphere for not answering host Chelsea Handler's question of whether you'd rather be gay or stupid. Seems like a no-brainer to me, Antonio.
Yeah, but the point that people don't understand is that it's a stupid question to ask. Of course I'm going to say I'd rather be gay, but I don't like answering stupid questions. It wasn't a straightforward question that she really wanted an answer to; she was just antagonizing me because she wanted me to say "gay." Everybody should know the answer to that, including myself, but the end of the day, it's a stupid question, and I just felt I shouldn't answer any dumb-ass questions. Ask me something that's worth asking.
OK, then. In your last Advocate interview you admitted to once reaching out to Britney Spears for a date, but she never returned your call. Considering what Britney's been through since 2004, is it safe to say you may have dodged a bullet there?
[Laughs] Yeah, well, she was a different person back then. Now she's all over the place. But listen, she's got kids now, so I really do hope for the best for her.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open March 09 2014 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play March 09 2014 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' March 09 2014 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM