BY Michael Fairman
August 28 2009 2:05 PM ET
Did you ever watch back the episodes when you were at the height of your real-life pregnancy?
No, I couldn't do it. It was like watching a different person, but at the same time I am the happiest I have ever been. I can look back and say to my baby, "You made mommy look so fat!" [Laughs]
There has been much made about the lack of physical contact Otalia had throughout its run. Can we look forward to any show of affection between the two before we go off the air?
I think the whole thing was always an issue, but it was also an issue for the characters and it was something they had to talk about. It was something so out of their realm of what they were used to in a relationship, and as characters they did address it...the fact that they would function as a real couple meant intimacy and everything. To be honest with you, it depends on how you were looking at the story. If it were up to me, we would have been together in a physical way all the time, but we did not exist that way as a couple at the beginning. The beauty of it was, we did not have to be that way for people to get that we were in love. It was refreshing that people got it without all of that. However, if it were up to me, there would have been a lot more affection shown between the two characters.
So we won't get the long-awaited romantic full-on kiss planted on one another, and then have the gals go hand-in-hand skipping down the street?
We don't skip. I know that for a fact. [Laughs] I tried to skip at one point and I was told I looked ridiculous and that is a true story. You can ask Crystal about it. She said, "Don't skip." Basically, it's going to play out in normal Natalia and Olivia fashion. There is not going to be some big heavy make-out scene.
You have signed on to play Crystal Chappell's love interest in her new Web series Venice. It's so admirable that you have decided to continue what Guiding Light started with a same-sex romance. Obviously, if GL would have stayed on the air, it would have continued, but this is a great way to keep the LGBT audience engaged in soaps and with your work. Tell us your thoughts on Venice and why you agreed to be a part of it.
Honestly, Crystal and I have been touched by feedback we have gotten from the Otalia story line. I think this idea in part is due to that feedback. Crystal is an entertainer and smart. She realizes this is what people want to see, and it’s a really valid slice of life that maybe people don’t see enough of. And she has got this idea and she said, "Do you want to do this with me?" And I said, "I will do whatever you want," because she is Crystal! She has got something really nice on her hands, and if she wants me to be a part of anything, I will.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Women WATCH: Houston's Lesbian Mayor Reveals 'The Gay Agenda' 28 min 2 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Oregon Republicans Support Marriage Equality 1 hour 7 min ago
- Uganda Ugandans Challenge 'Jail the Gays' Law in Court 1 hour 13 min ago
- Travel Melissa Etheridge Performing Russian Anthem at Toronto WorldPride 1 hour 37 min ago
- Television Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay 1 hour 45 min ago
- Youth Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill 1 hour 52 min ago
- Uganda Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List 2 hours 35 min ago