BY Dave White
September 04 2009 6:20 AM ET
And coming soon? A webisode show based on the
two lesbian characters from Guiding Light.
They’re canceling GL because after nearly 75 years
they’ve killed off their remaining audience. But the lesbians, having
just gotten hip on daytime TV, are not going into the light so quickly.
There’s a webisode thing coming called Venice where
Olivia and Natalia are going to play characters with different
non-lawsuit-inducing names. Best of all? DAWN DENBO IS GOING TO BE ON
IT. OK, not THE Dawn Denbo. But Elizabeth Keener, who played her on The L Word. She’ll be some other lez on this show, I
guess. I can’t wait.
I also can’t wait for The Real L
Word, the spin-off reality series that Showtime just gave the
go-ahead. Actual Los Angeles lesbians will run around and, if we’re
lucky, burn down hair salons and destroy film sets, have dogs killed to
get back at lovers they hate, and murder each other before dumping the
bodies into a pool. It’s going to be so good.
Almost finally: Mad Men’s Sal is about to bust out of the closet and
the son of the protagonist on Hung may be turning
queer before our eyes and the gays on Brothers & Sisters are
getting (already got?) a kid and should be the angsty alternative to
the Modern Family fellows.
And now, for
real, finally: Flipping Out and The Rachel
Zoe Project and Top Chef and Project Runway and Ugly Betty and Desperate Housewives and The Rachel Maddow
Show and How I Met Your Mother and Dante’s Cove and The Lair and
almost everything on BBC America? All extremely gay. See what I mean? A
jamboree. No more complaining.
*Totally kidding about Jeff Gordon. Unless it turns out to be true and then I’m not.
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 1 hour 19 min ago
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 2 hours 19 min ago
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM