BY Jason Lamphier
September 10 2009 5:05 AM ET
And you have a new addition to the cast.
[singer-songwriter] Kandi [Burruss]. I didn’t know her before the show,
and I still don’t know her now. But the few times I’ve been around her,
I’ve found we’re like oil and water -- we just don’t mix. I’m OK being
around her, but she’s not the kind of girl I’d hang around with, go
grab a glass of wine. It’s absolutely fine though. In my contract, it
didn’t say we had to be friends -- or lovers.
Why are you so fascinated with Dwight’s “crawl”?
need to crawl across the floor for your man! Dwight and I just have a
great time together. Me and him, our chemistry is just poppin’. I was
showing him my dance and then he showed me the “dance” I need to do for
my husband. He’s like the official sixth Housewife. He understands who
I am. He is definitely a bigger diva than me.
What is the gay appeal of The Real Housewives?
the gays like me because I go to gay clubs. I come to New York City and
go to the gay bars and clubs, and they just love me. I used to be a gay
man in my past life, I think. I’m tall, I’m outspoken, and I love my
gay guys. We connect. Gay guys like divas. They like the fact that we
can wear nice handbags and heels and tell it like it is and be bitches
some days. They’re like, “Mmmhmm, tell ’em, girl, tell ’em.” I’m a huge
gay fan. In September we have Atlanta Gay Pride, and I’m hosting two
events. I’ll be there in my highest heels, all done up -- really done up.
People say, “NeNe, when the camera is on you have such a huge
personality,” and I tell them all I have camera balls. When the camera
comes on, my balls drop out and I’m a dude.
Who’s your favorite CNN reporter?
know who my favorite CNN reporter is! Anderson Cooper, that’s my boo.
He’s very handsome and has that twinkle in his eyes. Something about
him is saying, “You don’t know all about me. I’m up here reporting the
news, but you don’t know me, boo.”
Was there a scandalous moment during shooting for this season of TRH Atlanta that we won't see?
see it only three days before you guys. So we’re right about where you
are, so I don’t know. But I’m over it. You know, people don’t realize
we don’t just get up, get dressed, and have a good time. We’re grinding
every single week for days straight. First of all, you can’t wear the
same clothes again. Then your family is saying things they shouldn’t.
And I need to have my hair groomed and makeup done. Last year, some
days I wasn’t wearing makeup and pulling my hair back. When I saw that
stuff on camera, I was like, No! This year I have hair and makeup and a
Read more with the housewives and Bravo's Andy Cohen:
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 34 min 30 sec ago
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year December 07 2013 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination December 07 2013 7:00 AM