BY Advocate.com Editors
September 23 2009 9:55 AM ET
Entertainment Weekly posted a blog entry about a possible Academy Award
nomination for you in your role as Dorothy McWilliams, Julia Child’s
gawky sister in Julie & Julia. What was it like working with Meryl Streep? You kind of are the Meryl Streep of subtle comedy.
was great; it was a dream come true. Yet when you come down to it,
she's an actor like everybody else -- just a really good one! I was a
little nervous going in, but she made me feel really at home and so did
Stanley Tucci -- he was really wonderful. You know you're working with a
pro. She was so good as Julia Child and so committed and so eccentric
and out there. It was really a joy to be in her presence as she was
doing this character.
I’d be remiss if I didn’t ask you about The L Word. Do you miss being part of a lesbian-themed show?
don't do things because they're lesbian-themed or high school–themed or
any themed. I like the work and I loved that character [out lawyer
Joyce Wischnia]. I loved the fact that it was a bunch of women working
together, which was a lot of fun. I liked the relationships; I thought
the writing was really good. It was fun.
Series creator Ilene Chaiken has mentioned doing an L Word movie. Would you be open to being part of that?
Oh absolutely, in a second. In a New York minute.
What’s your next project?
going to New York for a month, I'm doing a play, reading for four months
in a rotating cast in a play called Love, Loss, and What I Wore by
(Julie & Julia writer-director) Nora Ephron and her sister Delia
Ephron. So I'll be in New York for a month. I don't know what role I'll
play yet. It's a bunch of different stories and I haven't gotten my
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 1 hour 17 min ago
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 2 hours 17 min ago
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM