Christina Hendricks: Ahead of the Curves
BY Brandon Voss
October 12 2009 6:00 AM ET
You showed off your singing and accordion-playing skills in a recent Mad Men episode. When’s your album dropping?
Oh, I’m not going to torture anyone with that nonsense. No Edith Piaf covers from me. That scene was certainly a new challenge and I was terrified, but it was really fun to do. I don’t have the voice to do a musical unless they threw me in the back, but I’d love to do a Broadway show. I’d always been too intimidated to pursue that, but I’m feeling inspired. I saw Elisabeth Moss do Speed-the-Plow last season and she was wonderful, so it gave me the bug.
You were recently cast as Katherine Heigl’s and Josh Duhamel’s best friend in the film Life As We Know It. Since out director Greg Berlanti’s at the helm, I’m hoping for some gay content. Is your character a lesbian?
I haven’t spoken to Greg yet about what he’s revealing, so I want to wait before I say too much, but I will say that that would put a very different spin on the movie. I’m so excited to work with Greg, though. He seems so sweet and kind.
You’re a natural blonde but you’ve dyed your hair red since the age of 10. Do redheads have more fun?
I believe so, but I was also very young when I was blonde. I’ve turned into a woman with red hair, so that’s all I know and all I want to know. I always think about going back to blonde or going dark, but I know I’d be sad the moment I changed it. So I just talk myself out of it, pop on a wig, and I feel better the next day.
Do you mind all the focus placed on your bosom in the media?
It’s crazy, right? I’m on what I think is the best TV show there is right now and everyone’s always talking about my boobs. I’ve never dealt with this kind of attention on them before, so it’s a bit of a surprise. It’s true: I have them. I guess I never realized that not that many other people do. But I’m definitely ready for someone to be like, “She’s the most amazing actress ever!” That would be nice.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular 43 min 39 sec ago
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics 1 hour 35 min ago
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? 1 hour 42 min ago
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 2 hours 23 min ago
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 5:38 PM