BY Michael Fairman
November 06 2009 2:00 PM ET
Male “Boffo” Soap Performances
It’s about time, men! Two longtime veteran soapers gave Emmy-worthy performances this past week that were not to be missed. First, ATWT’s Michael Park, as Detective Jack Snyder, shot and killed his own brother by mistake. While it put soap hunk Austin Peck on the unemployment line, it gave Park the story of his career. Jack is eaten alive by the guilt of killing his brother Brad, and the tragic consequences it set in motion for many of the lives of the people he loves in Oakdale.
And second, GH’s Maurice Benard’s sexy mobster, Sonny Corinthos, finally found out the truth that his psychotic wife, Claudia, was behind the shooting of his son Michael. And the scene chewing by Benard even led him to vehemently spit out the words of disgust for his backstabbing wife (played by the exiting Sarah Brown). Hell hath no fury like Benard’s rage-filled explosions, and it was a delight to see!
See the video of their performances below.
Brandon Beemer shows off not once but twice. Good deal!
The Bold & the Beautiful's Brandon Beemer is one of the latest soap stars to join photographer Adam Bouska's NoH8 campaign. Brandon also does his part for the everyman campaign in collaboration with Cosmopolitan to raise awareness about prostate and testicular cancer. Brains + beauty = Beemer. Sigh. Check out his pics here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs