BY Brandon Voss
January 07 2010 6:15 PM ET
Your hairstyle has pretty much stayed the same for the past two seasons of your show. Do you ever consider doing something wild, like going black or adding extensions?
No. Look, I have awful hair. It’s baby-fine, so it works for me when it’s short. I’d look like Miss Piggy if I had extensions, and I’d be playing with my hair and flipping it all over the place, which is so not me.
Did you wear a wig on Halloween?
I so don’t dress for Halloween. But many drag queens did dress as me, so I was very flattered when I got the photographs. I take that as a compliment.
You have a reputation for being rather cold, but you seem much warmer in real life. Do you have any surprisingly sweet hobbies like adopting stray kittens?
No, because I don’t like cats. [Laughs] Of course I have a softer, cuddly side, and I sometimes get teary watching Hallmark commercials like everyone else. People perceive me to be cold because they see me in business mode, so they’re only seeing one side of my personality. I do a lot of charity work and I cut wigs for kids who are going through cancer treatments, which is something I care a lot about. I’ve been trying to start a foundation for that, actually, because when people don’t have great health insurance or don’t have the money, their children suffer and have to go without wigs — or else the wigs they’re given are just absolutely atrocious and embarrassing. That’s my way of giving back.
Viewers got to see you interact briefly with children this season. Would you like kids of your own some day?
Yeah, people thought it looked quite fabulous to see Tabatha walking around with a baby, so there are obviously people out there who want me barefoot and pregnant. Some men have even offered to donate sperm, which is lovely; however, it’s not my thing.
When will we find out if there will be a season 3?
Oh, not soon enough. I honestly don’t know. I’m waiting for the phone call as well.
Any New Year’s resolutions?
Yes, I have a lot, but I’m not telling you in case I don’t live up to them!
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- The 'Undetectable' Paradox
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra May 25 2013 6:30 PM
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? May 25 2013 5:53 PM
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash May 25 2013 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings May 25 2013 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak May 25 2013 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 May 25 2013 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' May 25 2013 12:35 PM