BY Christopher Mangum
February 22 2010 6:35 PM ET
can certainly relish in hating on other gay individuals.
it is the easiest thing to do. I instantly hate someone if I see them
wearing an Abercrombie [& Fitch] shirt. You are too old to be
wearing that! And it takes me two seconds to realize that I don’t hate
you, I just hate what has happened to us. I hate that I feel I should
hate you, but I don’t hate you. I think that gays hating gays is
certainly a thing. I am sure there are plenty of gays who hate Adam
Lambert for the very reasons I love him.
You have looked at rap
music, advertisements, coming out stories, same-sex marriage, and
countless other topics. What has been your favorite episode of That's Gay?
I loved the "No Homo" episode because I think using that
phrase in rap music is hilarious. Instantly what you think is, “Oh, I
wasn’t questioning if you were gay, but now I do.” I never thought for a
second, Wheezy, that you wanting a girl to go down on you was gay, but
now that you are saying that it isn’t gay I am starting to think that
maybe you don’t want a girl to go down on you, and that you want a guy.
episode was everywhere online. Was that your most viewed episode?
Yeah, I think that and Gay Best Friends were the two most viewed. All
it takes is someone pointing it out, giving examples, and then people
realize it is a thing. Obviously for the political issues I go for a
different angle. For instance, for gay marriage I went from the
direction that what the opponents were saying made sense.
have more fun with pop culture or the political debates?
are both really enjoyable. I like the political segments because it is
so fun having those talking heads on screen and just trying to make them
look as stupid as possible. You just feel great doing it.
other issues are you hoping to cover this season?
I want to do
one on gay parenting, mostly coming out of the Modern Family show. I
also want to address gay dating. I showed my friend a gay dating site
and she was horrified by what was on there. I definitely want to do the
Oscars when all the Cojo’s come out for that. Also I want to look at
video games. There are gay characters in some and there is also really
abusive homophobic language in others. And if it is possible I want to
do a figure skating one. I think it’s funny that sport is looked at as
super gay and yet there is no male-on-male contact like there is in
almost every other sport.
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- Perez Hilton Coming to Reality TV as a Gay Dad
- WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers
- Politics WATCH: Abortionists, Married Gays Leading 'War on Christmas,' Says O'Reilly 4 min 36 sec ago
- World News Israel's President, Shimon Peres, Backs Same-Sex Marriage 5 min 35 sec ago
- Acceptance Matters WATCH: Davey Wavey Does Acceptance One Better 32 min 24 sec ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court 1 hour 54 min ago
- HIV & AIDS There Are Other Ways to Prevent HIV Besides Condoms 1 hour 56 min ago
- HIV & AIDS The Crisis in Prevention for the Gay Community 1 hour 58 min ago
- Entertainment News Listen to The Sound Of Music Live Soundtrack with Carrie Underwood 2 hours 58 min ago