BY Christopher Mangum
April 05 2010 12:05 PM ET
That means literally you might receive a call tomorrow and have three weeks to prepare for a new child. At the same time, the process could take over year. How do you make preparations for a baby in that situation?
Horn: It is a weird spot to be in because you don’t want that nursery there that haunts you. Parents talk about that a lot. We meet once a month to have these group sessions and [hear about] people who rush out and do everything and then that room sits there for a year. It is heartbreaking! We have prepared in some regards, but we are not racing to make sure everything is ready. We don’t want to be reminded by what we don’t have.
Masterson: At the same time, we know that it won’t be too long before Tori wants to decorate a nursery.
Tori seems almost as excited as you two.
Horn: She and Dean have been so supportive. Dean took our adoption brochure photos for us. Tori and Dean wrote our recommendation letters. Every day they ask, “Any news on the baby?” It is great to have the amount of support.
Have you been thinking of any baby names?
Masterson: We have a few that we like. We just don’t know if we are naming a boy or a girl.
Horn: We are going to name the baby Donna Martin. Actually, it could either Donna or Martin.
Masterson: Just to annoy Tori.
How did you two meet Tori and Dean?
Horn: I met Tori eight and half years ago on a trip. I’m a publicist, and it was a celebrity trip to Turks and Caicos. My company was doing all the PR and working with the celebrities and the press. I was actually assigned to Tori and her brother Randy. We got stuck in Turks and Caicos for eight days because it was over September 11 . It was a very emotional time for everyone. It was weird being in paradise while everything terrible was happening in home. You bond with someone.
It is great watching both of your relationships with Tori. Gay men on television are typically treated as accessories that women collect, but it comes across that Tori genuinely cares about you two.
Horn: She better!
Masterson: We are the uncles. We are the family. We spend holidays together — Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year’s, and Easter. It’s not like we are simply friends; we are more like family.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
- 25 Rare Photos of Jinkx Monsoon Before "Drag Superstardom"
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality May 20 2013 7:00 PM
- Law Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay May 20 2013 6:48 PM
- Women Obama to Award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Sally Ride May 20 2013 6:01 PM
- Pride Turn It Way Up with Pride Beats 2013 May 20 2013 6:00 PM