Heather Morris: It's Brittany, Gleeks!
BY Brandon Voss
April 27 2010 7:25 PM ET
You recently performed with the Glee cast at the White House and on The Oprah Winfrey Show, two of the most major venues in all the land. I know you’re both currently considered recurring as opposed to regular cast members, but I was still surprised to see you and Naya Rivera sitting in the audience instead of on stage with Oprah and the main cast.
Yeah, but we know our time will come. Yes, I work just as hard as everyone else, and I will continue to work just as hard and keep my mind set on what I want to do, so my time will come no matter what happens. You’ll see that I have even more stuff coming up in other episodes, and I get to develop more. Even if it means I have to wait for the second season, I will become regular cast, and maybe I won’t have to sit in the audience anymore!
So you will get an official promotion next season?
Ryan mentioned it to me as a possibility, so fingers crossed that it will hopefully come through.
Are you looking forward to the upcoming Glee concert tour?
Yeah, doing Oprah was a little taste of what it’s going to be like. Obviously I’ve toured before, but this time it was really cool to hear people scream for you instead of screaming for the artist. Not that I didn’t enjoy dancing for an artist, and I know people are screaming for other people on stage, but now people know my name and my character. Now it’s, “Oh, that’s Brittany from Glee!” instead of, “Oh, she’s a backup dancer.” I always knew there was another feeling that I wanted on stage, and that’s what it was — an appreciation of my own talent.
Neil Patrick Harris guest stars on an upcoming Glee episode, but you already got to perform with him in How I Met Your Mother’s “Girls Versus Suits” musical number earlier this season. I actually spotted you right at the front at the end.
You did? I could barely spot myself, but I guess I was up front at the end. That was a long dance day, and he was working really hard, so I didn’t think he’d remember me. When I met him again on Glee, he was like, “Oh, yeah, I remember you! You did How I Met Your Mother.” He’s really the coolest guy. He’s so humble, so he came on set and was just friends with everyone immediately.
I noticed in a recent White Tie Affair music video that you have a lower-back tattoo. What does it symbolize?
That’s a tribute to my dad that I got it when I was 18. It’s wings and a little angel who watches over me.
OK, so is the Glee cast totally hooking up with each other off the set? What’s the dirt, HeMo?
Oh, my God, you know my nickname! [Laughs] Girl, there’s no dirt. We’re so boring. Because we all work so hard, everybody pretty much goes home and does their own thing at the end of the day. Maybe that stuff doesn’t happen with us because we spend too much time together. We’re not sick of each other, but we just want to go home to our own lives.
Do you have a boyfriend?
I don’t have time for a boyfriend. I wish. I’m sad and lonely. [Laughs] That’s why I have gay friends to keep me company. Seriously, that’s where I get my love.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 7 min 56 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Australia's Sexy New Lesbian Web Series Starting From ... Now! 1 hour 1 min ago
- Television 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever 1 hour 42 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris 1 hour 47 min ago
- Women WATCH: Houston's Lesbian Mayor Reveals 'The Gay Agenda' 2:57 PM
- Marriage Equality Oregon Republicans Support Marriage Equality 2:18 PM
- Uganda Ugandans Challenge 'Jail the Gays' Law in Court UPDATED: 2:12 PM