Tyra Sanchez: Tiara Snatch
BY Brandon Voss
April 27 2010 5:10 PM ET
I know a girl’s entitled to some secrets, but your big prosthetic breasts always steal the show. Where does one buy something like that?
I got them from a Web site. The guy who made them was very friendly and got them to me immediately. I feel incomplete if I don’t have them on now. I’ve always liked bigger breasts. I feel like that’s what makes a woman a woman — her hips, her breasts, and her hair — so I love big hips, big hair, and big breasts. We’re trying to imitate beautiful women, and beautiful women have hourglass bodies.
You’re a very vocal Beyoncé fan, and many people have compared your styles, but which woman, living or dead, would you never want to be compared to?
Beyoncé, actually. Being compared to her isn’t so bad because I love her and live for her fashions, but I get that a lot — people saying, “Oh, she’s just a wannabe Beyoncé.” That’s not who I am. I want to be myself, and I don’t want people thinking I’m trying to be Beyoncé.
Years from now, when RuPaul’s Drag Race is in its umpteenth season, what will all the drunken gay viewers who get together on Monday nights remember most about Tyra Sanchez?
They’ll remember her fashion the most — how she brought it to the runway every time and always gave you fashion that was beautiful, sickening, or over-the-top.
Who makes your outfits?
I was making all my own outfits at one point. I hate sewing now, but everything you see me in is something of my own design. Like what I wore in last night’s Rihanna number was inspired by the video, so I sketched out something and had someone make it for me.
So only custom outfits will do?
Every now and then I’ll find something off the rack that can fit me, but it’s nothing I would ever wear on stage. It’s something I’d walk around the club in.
Do you have a special someone back home to share all this excitement with?
I have my son, Jeremiah, my family, and my boyfriend, Taylor, who was at the viewing party back home in Orlando.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain 23 min 43 sec ago
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood 1 hour 58 min ago
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos 2 hours 21 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 5:44 PM