Grading the TV Networks
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 22 2010 7:30 PM ET
TBS - Failing
56 Total Hours Original Prime-time Programming
1 LGBT-Inclusive Hour - 2%
With no gay characters on any of the networks original series, TBS comes in last place for LGBT-inclusive content. Its one hour of inclusive programming comes from Ellen DeGeneres’s comedy special, Ellen’s Bigger, Wider & Longer Special.
Several cable networks with LGBT-inclusive programming that were not ranked get honorable mentions in the responsibility index, including gay networks Logo and here!, Syfy, Teen Nick, Bravo, and BBC America.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy