Grading the TV Networks
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 22 2010 7:30 PM ET
TBS - Failing
56 Total Hours Original Prime-time Programming
1 LGBT-Inclusive Hour - 2%
With no gay characters on any of the networks original series, TBS comes in last place for LGBT-inclusive content. Its one hour of inclusive programming comes from Ellen DeGeneres’s comedy special, Ellen’s Bigger, Wider & Longer Special.
Several cable networks with LGBT-inclusive programming that were not ranked get honorable mentions in the responsibility index, including gay networks Logo and here!, Syfy, Teen Nick, Bravo, and BBC America.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence