Grading the TV Networks
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 22 2010 7:30 PM ET
TBS - Failing
56 Total Hours Original Prime-time Programming
1 LGBT-Inclusive Hour - 2%
With no gay characters on any of the networks original series, TBS comes in last place for LGBT-inclusive content. Its one hour of inclusive programming comes from Ellen DeGeneres’s comedy special, Ellen’s Bigger, Wider & Longer Special.
Several cable networks with LGBT-inclusive programming that were not ranked get honorable mentions in the responsibility index, including gay networks Logo and here!, Syfy, Teen Nick, Bravo, and BBC America.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet