Grading the TV Networks
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 22 2010 7:30 PM ET
Lifetime - Good
102.5 Total Hours Original Prime-time Programming
32 LGBT-Inclusive Hours – 31%
For the past three years Lifetime has shown a steady increase in LGBT-inclusive programming — this year, with the acquisition of Project Runway, its numbers soared. Drop Dead Diva also features many gay characters in guest-starring roles, and the networks focus on new reality programming promises an increased number of LGBT characters down the road.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges