Where We Are on TV
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 28 2010 5:45 PM ET
In its 15th annual "Where We Are on TV" study, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation finds that while things are steadily improving for LGBT characters on television, there is still a way to go.
While most broadcast and cable networks have increased the number of LGBT characters on their programs, there are no black LGBT character on any of the broadcast networks. Some networks, including CBS, TBS, and USA, still have little to no LGBT representation.
For the most part, though, the news is good. From broadcast (The Good Wife, 90210) to cable (True Blood, Nurse Jackie), take a look at the following slide show of all the leading and supporting LGBT characters on television.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment