Aubrey O'Day: Bad Girl Gone Good?
BY Brandon Voss
March 02 2011 5:40 PM ET
Perez says he’s committed to being a nicer person.
I don’t care. The sad thing is that so much bad has happened, even when you want to be good, people have already stopped listening. I know that his blog is silly entertainment, but this is somebody who told the world that it was OK to laugh at and make fun of people, so whether he’s changed his ways or not, he’s part of the problem.
While we’re on the subject of gay men you’ve rubbed the wrong way, let’s talk about Josh Strickland. On working with you in Peepshow in Las Vegas, Strickland told The Advocate that he felt “snubbed” by you. “We really tried to be friends with her,” he said. “How many times can you try with someone who just goes into their dressing room and doesn’t speak to you when they’re walking in the hall?” Were you really that big of a diva?
This is a tough one because I never like to speak bad about people. I don’t like negativity around me. It doesn’t matter if someone’s being negative to me or negative in general, when you’re around it you start to stink like it, and I don’t want to stink. So no, I was not a diva, and it wasn’t as dramatic as he’s made it sound. I just saw enough to know that he wasn’t the kind of person I wanted to be around. I didn’t feel like he was someone who would make me better, stronger, or more valuable. Maybe he can do that for other people in life, and maybe other people are better suited to him, but I was not one of those people. But he’s very talented and good-looking, so I hope he turns over a new leaf and becomes a positive, inspiring person, because he has all the tools to be a very watched man. And that’s the nicest way I can say that.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM