Skyler Cooper Is Smokin’ Hot on
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
July 22 2011 2:05 PM ET
Anyone who fell in love with actress Skyler Cooper watching her on that seminal 2003 documentary about African-American lesbians, Butch Mystique, is bound to be surprised by her turn on this week’s episode of RuPaul’s Drag U. The Logo series, in which alums of RuPaul’s Drag Race do dragtastic makeovers of what the diva calls “biological women,” started off season 2 with a virgin theme but all eyes are episode 2, “Lesbians Gone Wild.”
Cooper, who starred in the TV series Don’t Go as well as two of last year’s critically acclaimed lesbian films — The Owls and Elena Undone — was joined by two other butchy gals, comic Julie Goldman and AJ from the Beaver Bunch as they endured bioqueen makeovers. The guest judge was none other than Glee’s Dot Jones (who plays fan favorite Coach Beiste).
“It was a slow process transforming us to our alter egos,” Cooper says about letting the show’s drag queens transform the masculine women into the feminine ideal. “So it is much like you see on TV. You work in one area then you move onto the next.”
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'