Meet the Networks That Aren't Making the Grade
BY Michelle Garcia
August 03 2011 6:00 AM ET
FX = Adequate
82.5 Total Hours of Prime-Time Programming
15.5 LGBT-Inclusive Hours (19%)
2009-10 Score: 27%
2008-09 Score: 13%
2007-08 Score: 45%
This arbiter of edgy programming features Archer, the satirical animated spy series with two regular gay and bisexual characters. The show Sons of Anarchy features the ruthless ATF agent June Stahl, a lesbian villain (despite her law-upholding job) who murdered her girlfriend to cover up corrupt activities. The comedy It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia featured episodes on gay marriage, and another with Mac's transgender ex-girlfriend in an episode that GLAAD said was a vast improvement over her first appearance on the show.
GLAAD Recommends: With Terriers and Lights Out canceled, the organization says the network should "introduce a flesh and blood LGBT regular character to one of their existing series or any new ones in development."
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'