Still In the Closet? Meet Gay TV's Fall Lineup
BY Ari Karpel
September 16 2011 4:00 AM ET
The Playboy Club, NBC, September 19
A drama about the standard-bearer of straight male fantasies has a surprisingly subversive underbelly: Its straight lead is played by bisexual Amber Heard, and one of the other iconic bunny characters and her husband are both closeted and members of the homo-pioneering Mattachine Society. In other words, the show romanticizes objectification of women while pulling back the curtain on a little-known piece of gay history.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- #TBT: The Massive, Masculine Art of Robert Riggs