Still In the Closet? Meet Gay TV's Fall Lineup
BY Ari Karpel
September 16 2011 4:00 AM ET
The Playboy Club, NBC, September 19
A drama about the standard-bearer of straight male fantasies has a surprisingly subversive underbelly: Its straight lead is played by bisexual Amber Heard, and one of the other iconic bunny characters and her husband are both closeted and members of the homo-pioneering Mattachine Society. In other words, the show romanticizes objectification of women while pulling back the curtain on a little-known piece of gay history.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign