Our Favorite Good Christian, Um, "Belles"
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 02 2012 3:26 PM ET
The show many LGBTs are eagerly awaiting is finally premiering March 4: Kristin Chenoweth's GCB on ABC. The catty, campy hoedown sounds a bit like Desperate Housewives meets Suburgatory, and frankly, we can't wait. In honor of the new series, which has gone from being called Good Christian Bitches to Good Christian Belles, Untitled Kristin Chenoweth Project, and finally GCB, we've come up with our favorite good Christian bitches from film, TV, politics, and, well, the real world.
Sloane from Are You There, Chelsea?
Playing her real-life big sister, in NBC's sitcom based on Chelsea Handler's boozy, slutty memoir, Are You There, Vodka? It's Me Chelsea, lets Handler bring her sardonic wit and comic timing to a character you almost love to hate, except. well, you sort of love her more than Laura Prepon's character Chelsea. Confused yet? Tune in and listen to Sloane complain about Chelsea's lifestyle, her drinking, her hedonism, her competitive nature in a way that only loving sisters can. Example: this exchange between Sloane and Chelsea after the latter woman must be bailed out of jail for her drunken shenanigans (and then check out the show's Wikiquote for more of Sloane's bons mots). — Diane Anderson-Minshall
Sloane: Thank you for getting arrested, by the way. I really enjoyed using a prison toilet for the first time. And hopefully my unborn baby will enjoy her chlamydia. I'm 39 weeks pregnant and my husband's in Afghanistan, and you're the one who's supposed to drive me to the hospital. I am tired of bailing you out.
Chelsea: Sloane, you never bail me out. Yes, I see the irony.
Sloane: I lived with you in the basement for a week after you wrecked dad's car.
Chelsea: Nobody is a good driver when they're 13.
Sloane: And what about the time I handled Dad when you and Olivia had those Marines in your bedroom?
Chelsea: It was Veterans Day. We were being patriotic.
Sloane: Holding a flag between your legs is not patriotism.
Chelsea: I'm really changing things. I even prayed in the holding cell, Sloane.
Sloane: Vodka is not the Lord.
Chelsea: Are you sure? They're both invisible and have a hand in unexplained pregnancies.
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- WATCH: Transgender Woman Arrested for Exposing Breasts, Jailed With Men
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 11 min 20 sec ago
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 45 min 30 sec ago
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship May 22 2013 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy May 22 2013 7:01 PM