Our Favorite Good Christian, Um, "Belles"
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 02 2012 3:26 PM ET
Harriet Hayes on Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip
We all remember Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip, Aaron
Sorkin's self-important show within a show, that was basically a take on
Saturday Night Live, right? No? Nobody? Well, for comedy nerds
the show was actually fun to watch, and one of the bright spots was
real-life lesbian Sarah Paulson's character Harriet Hayes, a Christian
whose beliefs often clashed with the more agnostic executive producers.
But as much as the "Crazy Christians" sketch was the bane of her existence
on the show, so was her very non-Christian ex Matt Albie, played by Matthew Perry:
Matt Albie: Isn't
it possible that Mary got pregnant by another man, and Joseph stepped
up so his wife wouldn't get stoned to death by the village?
Harriet Hayes: No.
Matt Albie: It's more likely that an angel inseminated her, and she gave birth to a magical wizard who could rise from the dead?
Harriet Hayes: He's not David Copperfield!
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Film Why is Behind the Candelabra Like Valley of the Dolls? 4 min 52 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM