What Other '80s Teen Stars Have to Say About Equality
BY Josh Hinkle
March 07 2012 2:15 AM ET
Eighties teen idol Kirk Cameron, who played Mike Seaver in the sitcom Growing Pains from 1985 to 1992, sparked a media frenzy with his antigay comments on CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight show last week.
"I think that it's unnatural," Cameron said when asked if homosexuality was a sin. "I think that it's detrimental and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."
Click through to see what other '80s teen idols think about LGBT fans and equality.
- Father of Teen Lesbian Facing Felony for Same-Sex Relationship Says Daughter's Been Targeted Before
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Free Kate — She's Been Targeted Before, Says Father 38 min 41 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 1 hour 22 min ago
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 1 hour 34 min ago
- Music WATCH: Is This the Worst Music Video Ever? 1 hour 48 min ago
- Transgender Jesse Tyler Ferguson Slams His Former School's Transphobic Graduation Policy 1 hour 48 min ago
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame 1 hour 49 min ago
- Politics Democratic 'Betrayal' Leaves Binational Couples Stranded 2 hours 1 min ago