What Other '80s Teen Stars Have to Say About Equality
BY Josh Hinkle
March 07 2012 2:15 AM ET
Jodie Sweetin, who played Stephanie Tanner on Full House (1987-1995), and fiancé Morty Coyle have announced their support for marriage equality. Coyle tweeted "in love with my fiance and waiting for marriage equality for all."
Fellow Full House cast member and sister of Kirk Cameron, Candace Cameron Bure has not spoken out on LGBT issues but seems to be more accepting of LGBT people. In a statement sent to The Advocate, gossip blogger Perez Hilton said, "The fact that Candace Cameron Bure sat down to speak with me is telling. That is a very public indication that she is comfortable enough with a homosexual man to come into their pink room to sit down and chat." See Bure's full interview with Hilton below.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News