What Other '80s Teen Stars Have to Say About Equality
BY Josh Hinkle
March 07 2012 2:15 AM ET
Jodie Sweetin, who played Stephanie Tanner on Full House (1987-1995), and fiancé Morty Coyle have announced their support for marriage equality. Coyle tweeted "in love with my fiance and waiting for marriage equality for all."
Fellow Full House cast member and sister of Kirk Cameron, Candace Cameron Bure has not spoken out on LGBT issues but seems to be more accepting of LGBT people. In a statement sent to The Advocate, gossip blogger Perez Hilton said, "The fact that Candace Cameron Bure sat down to speak with me is telling. That is a very public indication that she is comfortable enough with a homosexual man to come into their pink room to sit down and chat." See Bure's full interview with Hilton below.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf