What Other '80s Teen Stars Have to Say About Equality
BY Josh Hinkle
March 07 2012 1:15 AM ET
Kristy McNichol, star of the risque 1980 comedy Little Darlings, came out publicly as lesbian in an interview with People magazine to show her support for bullied LGBT teens. McNichol's publicist released a statement, saying, "She hopes that coming out can help kids who need support. She would like to help others who feel different."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View