Former MTV Star Comes Out as Gay, Musto Reports
BY Lucas Grindley
April 11 2012 4:42 PM ET
A young actor best remembered for an MTV series about a teenager who is anatomically gifted is coming out, according to The Village Voice.
Michael Musto reports that 23-year-old Paul Iacono, who starred in The Hard Times of RJ Berger, is gay and will talk about it for the first time in an interview with the Voice. (RELATED: Photos of Paul Iacono)
The Hard Times ran for two seasons on MTV and told the story of a high school sophomore who becomes popular because of his abnormally large penis. In the second season episode "Steamy Surprise," RJ discovers that Max (played by Jayson Blair), a popular jock and bully on the show, is secretly gay when he sees him in the locker room showers making out with another guy. RJ is in love with the girl Max was dating but still promises he won't tell anyone until Max is ready to come out. (Eventually, RJ does tell that one girl, Jenny.)
Check out an old trailer for the show to evoke memories of Iacono.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM
- Style WATCH: Nasty Pig Meets Naughty Dog May 17 2013 7:00 PM