WATCH: Rosie Says Lindsay Lohan Is "Not Capable" of Portraying Elizabeth Taylor
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 24 2012 1:47 PM ET
Add Rosie O'Donnell to the number of people against casting Lindsay Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor, saying the troubled starlet is "not capable" to play the icon, during an appearance on NBC's Today.
O'Donnell guested on the morning program as part of the show's Professionals panel alongside regulars Star Jones and Donny Deutsch to discuss hot button issues, which include the controversial casting of Lohan as the late screen star and AIDS activist in the upcoming Lifetime bio Liz & Dick.
O'Donnell thinks the casting is a bad idea.
"I feel very sorry for her," O'Donnell says. “I think she needs a lot of help. She needs a lot of time away. She’s had a lot of trouble doing every single movie, including SNL. She was out and not in rehearsal. I think she’s not in a place to work.”
Jones says she hasn't seen enough of Lohan's work in recent years to make an evaluation.
Deutsch was the lone pro-Lohan panelist. “She’s our generation’s Elizabeth Taylor,” he proclaims.
“You’re out of your mind," O'Donnell replies. "You’re a crackhead! The last thing she did good she was sixteen...I don’t think she’s right for the role, and I don’t think she’s capable at this point to portray that character.”
Watch the discussion below.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Finding the Funny in "Ex-Gay" Marriages and a Queerpocalypse
- India Gets First Transgender TV News Anchor
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Erasure is Back With a New Album and a Still Sexy Gay Rock Star