John Stamos Wants You to Fantasize About Him
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
April 27 2012 7:05 PM ET
So you missed the John Stamos gay joke in the recent advertisement for The Office? That's because producers pulled the joke from a recent promo, according to TMZ, because they were afraid of offending Stamos. But Stamos apparently loved it.
"They thought that I'd be offended by the gay joke," Stamos told TMZ. "But apparently, a week before, they didn't see me kiss a man at the GLAAD Awards." The Office's ad aired on NBC last week, and in it Ed Helms as Andy attempts to break up with his girlfriend by pretending to be gay. He tells her, "I'm gay. I had to fake it. I had to imagine that I was in a steam room with John Stamos."
The new version of the ad replaces "John Stamos" with "cool guys." No word from NBC on the reason for the switch, but TMZ has both promos on its site, so you can decide if this is over-PC editing or if perhaps the Stamos fantasy hit a little too close to home for some network censor.
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times