Jennifer Lopez May Appear in Lesbian-Themed Series She's Developing
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 07 2012 9:13 PM ET
The hour-long drama will focus on the two mothers —one is a police officer, the other a private school teacher — who have a biological son and two adopted kids, but take in a teenage girl in the pilot.
The superstar entertainer, already a familiar face to television viewers due to her winning appearance as a judge on Fox's American Idol and numerous commercials, will exec-produce the series with Simon Fields, her partner at Nuyorican Productions, and is expected to make guest appearances if the pilot is picked up to series. The series will be written by its creators, Queer As Folk's Peter Paige and Brad Bredeweg, who will also serve as executive producers. No casting has been announced. The project is Lopez's first foray into producing a scripted show since 2006's short-lived drama South Beach.
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- WATCH: Can the GOP Presidential Field Get Any More Antigay?
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Mixed Messages: Supreme Court Denies Review of 'Ex-Gay' Therapy Ban, Trans Inmate's Surgery