Jennifer Lopez May Appear in Lesbian-Themed Series She's Developing
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 07 2012 9:13 PM ET
The hour-long drama will focus on the two mothers —one is a police officer, the other a private school teacher — who have a biological son and two adopted kids, but take in a teenage girl in the pilot.
The superstar entertainer, already a familiar face to television viewers due to her winning appearance as a judge on Fox's American Idol and numerous commercials, will exec-produce the series with Simon Fields, her partner at Nuyorican Productions, and is expected to make guest appearances if the pilot is picked up to series. The series will be written by its creators, Queer As Folk's Peter Paige and Brad Bredeweg, who will also serve as executive producers. No casting has been announced. The project is Lopez's first foray into producing a scripted show since 2006's short-lived drama South Beach.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'