Joan Rivers 'Incredible' on Drop Dead Diva
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 08 2012 3:53 PM ET
Tonight watch for outspoken comic Joan Rivers to make the first of two guest appearances as a psychiatrist on Lifetime's hit Drop Dead Diva.
Securing Rivers to play a therapist for Brooke Elliott's character Jane was a longtime goal for series creator Josh Berman. "I actually went to high school with Joan's daughter, Melissa," Berman tells The Advocate. "I remember the first time I met Joan Rivers, she was coming to see Melissa in a play. She was a real class act, even back then!"
The comedian's caustic humor seems to have made her a big hit with the cast and fellow guest stars tennis champ Serena Williams and singer Brandy Norwood. "Joan was just incredible on set," Berman adds. "Her energy is contagious and she's her usual spunky, fun-loving self on screen. She's coming back in another upcoming episode airing on July 29 and you should see how outrageous those scenes get!"
The GLAAD Award-winning comedy-drama airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on Lifetime.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder May 24 2013 6:27 PM