Joan Rivers 'Incredible' on Drop Dead Diva
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 08 2012 3:53 PM ET
Tonight watch for outspoken comic Joan Rivers to make the first of two guest appearances as a psychiatrist on Lifetime's hit Drop Dead Diva.
Securing Rivers to play a therapist for Brooke Elliott's character Jane was a longtime goal for series creator Josh Berman. "I actually went to high school with Joan's daughter, Melissa," Berman tells The Advocate. "I remember the first time I met Joan Rivers, she was coming to see Melissa in a play. She was a real class act, even back then!"
The comedian's caustic humor seems to have made her a big hit with the cast and fellow guest stars tennis champ Serena Williams and singer Brandy Norwood. "Joan was just incredible on set," Berman adds. "Her energy is contagious and she's her usual spunky, fun-loving self on screen. She's coming back in another upcoming episode airing on July 29 and you should see how outrageous those scenes get!"
The GLAAD Award-winning comedy-drama airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on Lifetime.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word