Joan Rivers 'Incredible' on Drop Dead Diva
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 08 2012 3:53 PM ET
Tonight watch for outspoken comic Joan Rivers to make the first of two guest appearances as a psychiatrist on Lifetime's hit Drop Dead Diva.
Securing Rivers to play a therapist for Brooke Elliott's character Jane was a longtime goal for series creator Josh Berman. "I actually went to high school with Joan's daughter, Melissa," Berman tells The Advocate. "I remember the first time I met Joan Rivers, she was coming to see Melissa in a play. She was a real class act, even back then!"
The comedian's caustic humor seems to have made her a big hit with the cast and fellow guest stars tennis champ Serena Williams and singer Brandy Norwood. "Joan was just incredible on set," Berman adds. "Her energy is contagious and she's her usual spunky, fun-loving self on screen. She's coming back in another upcoming episode airing on July 29 and you should see how outrageous those scenes get!"
The GLAAD Award-winning comedy-drama airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on Lifetime.
- Another Gay Man Attacked in New York City
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Why it's Time to Stop Stigmatizing Haitians 3 min 50 sec ago
- Health and Treatments Is There Such a Thing as HIV-Negative AIDS? 6 min 30 sec ago
- Religion Church of Scotland to Allow Gay Ministers 18 min 19 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel These Grooms Met Because of a Big Blue Dog 21 min 51 sec ago
- Crime Another Gay Man Attacked in New York City 24 min 25 sec ago
- Women Evan Rachel Wood, Anne Rice, Join Calls to 'Save Kate' 27 min ago
- Women Shot of the Day: Jennifer Lawrence Buxom and Blue for X-Men 28 min 6 sec ago