Bridesmaids Star Cast as Lesbian on Modern Family
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 14 2012 10:08 AM ET
Comic actress Wendi McLendon-Covey, best-known for her work in last year's massive hit Bridesmaids, will guest star on ABC's Modern Family as half of a lesbian couple, reports Entertainment Weekly.
SNL veteran Michaela Watkins will play her partner in next season's third episode in which their son gets into a fight with Lily, daughter of Cameron (Eric Stonestreet) and Mitchell (Jesse Tyler Ferguson).
McLendon-Covey, who delivered a memorable bit in Bridesmaids about the horrors she faced as the mother of puberty-aged sons, tells EW she's happy to play a loving mother for a change. “I usually play someone who hates her kids — this time I love my child!”
Modern Family returns September 26.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- Chris Christie Lauded at Summit for Vetoing Same-Sex Marriage Bill