Bridesmaids Star Cast as Lesbian on Modern Family
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 14 2012 10:08 AM ET
Comic actress Wendi McLendon-Covey, best-known for her work in last year's massive hit Bridesmaids, will guest star on ABC's Modern Family as half of a lesbian couple, reports Entertainment Weekly.
SNL veteran Michaela Watkins will play her partner in next season's third episode in which their son gets into a fight with Lily, daughter of Cameron (Eric Stonestreet) and Mitchell (Jesse Tyler Ferguson).
McLendon-Covey, who delivered a memorable bit in Bridesmaids about the horrors she faced as the mother of puberty-aged sons, tells EW she's happy to play a loving mother for a change. “I usually play someone who hates her kids — this time I love my child!”
Modern Family returns September 26.
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 42 min 59 sec ago
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 1 hour 12 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 1 hour 18 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 1 hour 58 min ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 2 hours 41 min ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 2 hours 42 min ago
- People Lady Gaga Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics 12:59 PM