Bridesmaids Star Cast as Lesbian on Modern Family
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 14 2012 11:08 AM ET
Comic actress Wendi McLendon-Covey, best-known for her work in last year's massive hit Bridesmaids, will guest star on ABC's Modern Family as half of a lesbian couple, reports Entertainment Weekly.
SNL veteran Michaela Watkins will play her partner in next season's third episode in which their son gets into a fight with Lily, daughter of Cameron (Eric Stonestreet) and Mitchell (Jesse Tyler Ferguson).
McLendon-Covey, who delivered a memorable bit in Bridesmaids about the horrors she faced as the mother of puberty-aged sons, tells EW she's happy to play a loving mother for a change. “I usually play someone who hates her kids — this time I love my child!”
Modern Family returns September 26.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law