Kristin Chenoweth Forced to Quit Series Due to Head Injury
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 14 2012 4:18 PM ET
A head injury Kristin Chenoweth sustained last month filming The Good Wife has forced the actress to drop out of the series, reports People.
"It is with deep regret to inform everyone that due to my injuries, I am unable to return to The Good Wife at this time," Chenoweth tells the magazine in a statement released Monday. "[I'm] getting better slowly, and thank you everyone for your concern."
The 44-year-old actress and longtime ally to the LGBT community was injured on the set July 11 when a gust of wind caused her to be struck by a piece of lighting equipment. Chenoweth was hospitalized overnight following the injury.
Chenoweth will appear in the fourth season premiere on September 30. She tweeted to a fan that she hopes to eventually return full-time, saying "I love 'The Good Wife' and will be back when i can."
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Robbie Rogers Is First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
- Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky'
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? 15 min 10 sec ago
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' 12:35 PM
- Sports Robbie Rogers Returns: First Openly Gay Footballer UPDATED: 11:56 AM